Saturday, April 27, 2013

Project Bustier and Project Basic Skirt with Lining at FIP Makati

These past few weeks were all about projects at school. Little by little, I am finally able to construct clothes from scratch.


Pieces for my own bustier

In our Advance Pattern Making class, we were thought how to make a bustier pattern and were asked to make our patterns based on our personal measurements.


Pattern Pieces


Since I am not model size, my pattern looked weird compared to our standard blocks. I think it was a smart idea for us to do our measurements because it was like a glimpse of the future. After all, not all clients/people are model size so it was like me designing for a real person.


My choice fabric + lining + fusing


We were given the choice if we wanted to construct a real bustier from our patterns. Our class made a unanimous decision to push through with that challenge. Who wouldn't be excited to make their own clothes for the first time?




After cutting my fabric and lining up my pieces, I realized that there's a lot of pieces to put together and that I had a mountain of work to do. Form that moment, I gained a whole new respect for the art of constructing clothes.


Real Size!


After sewing my pieces together, I can't wait to see if it will fit me so I asked one of my classmates to take my photo so that I can assess my progress for this project. Of course, it was not even halfway done but I just wanted to marvel on what I achieved so far.




After my short break, I then moved on to adding the boning to make sure that my bustier will have a sturdy form.




After taking a step back and a quick look of my photo with my project, I noticed that my curved design around my gut isn't so flattering. I decided to just make the bottom part of the center front pointy so that it can compliment my voluptuous figure.


Project Bustier Complete!


So after adding the boning, the lining, the zipper, and several adjustments, I finally finished my first bustier!


Project Bustier: Achievement Unlocked!


Since I was so proud of what I created, I couldn't wait to wear it. I went on and rocked my look for the day plus my new bustier as I walked from school to Greenbelt. I have to say, nothing beats constructing your own design even if it's just a basic pieces of clothing.


Basic Sewing Project No. 2
Basic Skirt with Lining



This week, I also completed my second project in our Basic Sewing class. It's basically the same as my first project except that it's a bit trickier because of the lining part. I also used a softer an lighter fabric to give myself an additional challenge. Again, I asked Rona to see how it fits her because I used our standard blocks.


Project No.2 Complete!


So I am now proud to say that I am now officially able to construct basic pieces of clothes. I know that I still have a lot of learning to do but I can't help but be happy for my own baby steps.


Fabric choice for my Project No. 3: Blouse


I'll just post my Project 3 after I finish it. I don't know why but I am just so excited about my fabric choice. ^_^

So I guess that's all for today. 

Au revoir for now my loves!

1 comment: