Sunday, September 16, 2012

6 Degrees of Separation: Zara, Mundo, Kultura Filipino, and some other characters in between

I'm so sorry if I wasn't able to post anything in the past few days. There's just a lot of things that I need to attend to, but the good news is that I have a lot of things to blog! Yey! So enough about my disclaimer, let's start shall we?

For the love of fashion, I decided to do some research about this season's fashion trends. As usual, Zara is my go to place for trends and I noticed that animal prints are very visible in their displays.


Leopard Print Pencil Skirt with Frill
Php 3990.00, available at Zara

Check the animal print item and the slithery accessory that I bought at the end of this post!

A few years back I was so into animal prints that my room looked like an ancient sacrificial pit for leopards and other members of the feline family and that my taste was bordering hooker chic.


When too much animal print is too much!
FYI: No hate towards Kim K. here.
Just an objective point of view.
Photo from: Google Images

Animal prints are one of the more daring prints that one can wear because it takes some serious taste level just to get the balance right. Too much can make you look tacky or even show off some red light district appeal, but of course a little animal print can make clothes have that certain je ne sais quoi. Remember Roberto Cavalli loves animal prints.


Roberto Cavalli Fall 2011 RTW
Photo from: Style.com

Roberto Cavalli PF 2012 RTW
Photo from: Style.com
So just to spice up my wardrobe, I decided to visit The Ramp at Glorietta to see if that animal print shoes that I wanted to buy is still there. Three weeks ago I spotted a pair of fierce saddles shoes and I still can't them off of my head.


My version of Cinderella's glass slippers.

I've always wanted to have a pair of casual shoes with that certain spunk and I'm also a big fan of animal prints so buying this pair is a no brainer. The amazing part of the story is the fact that it was the last pair and it fits perfectly. It was definitely a Cinderella moment for me, except there's no prince in this story. Lol.


Someday my prince will come...
Photo from: Google Images

So since we are talking about Disney Princesses and animals prints, let's also summon a Disney villain so regal that even the gorgeous Angelina Jolie loves.


I can't wait for this movie to come out!!!
Photo from: Google Images

Maleficent is one of the most powerful Disney villains. Eventhough I haven't watched the original movie yet, I came to love this Norma Desmond-esque character. I just have this thing for "Madames."  


Norma Desmond: All right, Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close up.
Photo from: Google Images

As I stroll around the malls in Makati, I always make sure that I drop by my favorite store, Kultura Filipino, in SM Makati. I noticed that this cute snake skin bracelet on the display and it was love at first sight. I just have to have it. The bracelet's scales reminded me of Maleficent as she transformed into her dragon form.


Snake skin bracelet from Kultura

So that's the result of my fashion research. Not only was it fun, I also somehow transcended from one spectrum of fashion to another spectrum of the wonderful world of Disney. I guess my imagination this day is in overdrive. Lol

...and before I end this post,  I shall leave you guys with this one last statement. Something that represents moi when it comes to fashion.

I don't shop. I research!
-FabulousJV, 2012

(^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment